What is an Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR®) and why do you need one?
The Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR®) designation is the industry-coveted benchmark of excellence awarded by the Real Estate Buyer's Agent Council (REBAC), an affiliate of the National Association of Realtors. This honorable recognition is awarded only to those Realtors who have demonstrated the particular knowledge and expertise necessary to address the special needs of buyers.
Simply put, I have received extensive training in the buying and negotiating process. Very few REALTORS® that say they can be your "Representative or Buyer's Agent" are officially designated as such. In fact, less than 4% of all REALTORS® have the ABR® designation.
Why Hire a Houston Realtor?
How do you benefit? Simple. You need representation. When you look at a listing with the agent who has that listing, remember...that agent has already been hired by the seller of that home to represent his or her best interests - not yours. Many times real estate buyers avoid using the services of a REALTOR® under the mistaken belief that it costs them money - or that they will be able to negotiate a better deal directly with the seller or seller's real estate agent. This can be an expensive mistake when buying a home. If you are negotiating directly with the seller or seller's real estate agent, who is representing you and your interests? When you choose me as your Houston real estate agent, you will have someone that has gained invaluable experience through hundreds of successful Houston real estate negotiations. I will work for you and it will not cost you a dime.
How does a Buyer's Agent get paid?
A Buyer's Agent is paid through the "co-op" fee offered by the listing broker when a buyer representative sells the home being offered by their brokerage. This fee, or commission, is stipulated in the listing agreement contract between the seller and the listing broker/agent, before the home is placed on the market. These fees will be the same for the seller regardless of who sells the property.
Buyer's agent fees are disclosed in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) where homes offered for sale are listed. That makes it possible for a buyer's agent to show you any home listed for sale. So quite simply, you pay absolutely nothing to have expert reresentation!
What are the responsibilities of a Buyer's Agent?
As Your Representative, I am committed to...
1. Locating suitable properties after determining what your preferences are. I have access to all properties available with extensive info not available to the public. I can also direct you to all the info you will need about Houston schools, both public and private.
2. Previewing properties-looking at a property before showing you so I don't waste your time showing you homes that don't meet your criteria.
3. Verifying the properties' condition and researching it's location.
4. Suggesting necessary inspections by experts.
5. Help you get pre-qualified to determine what you can afford.
6. Verifying property taxes and utilities.
7. Verifying the value of the property. I will run comparables on recent home sales in the area to determine that the asking price is reasonable and to help determine the amount to offer on the property. It's important to know if you are in a Buyer's, Seller's or Balanced market when making an offer.
8. Advising you on structuring an offer, what to ask for within the offer etc.
9. Presenting the offer to the seller through the seller's agent.
10. Negotiating favorable contract terms for you.
11. Explaining legal documents needed for closing and help secure them.
12. Assisting in securing financing and insurance.
13. Referring you to qualified and trusted vendors.
14. Analyzing the future salability of the property.
I take the buying process as seriously as my buyers do, therefore I offer nothing but the highest quality of service to my clients. When you decide to purchase your Houston home, make sure you hire someone whom you can trust and someone who wants to earn your business. Buying a home is one of the most important purchases you will make, so make sure you have the right agent who can provide you with the experience and the service you deserve. Call me to get started today and you'll soon find out what premier service is and what makes me different from Houston's other 19,000 Realtors!